The white walnut Yamaha ARIUS YDP-S34 is an 88-key digital piano featuring the powerful tone of the highly regarded CFX concert grand piano, which creates an authentic, expressive piano experience, well suited for beginners and advanced players. The YPD-S34 features a Graded Hammer Standard keyboard, which is designed to emulate the feel of an acoustic piano with a heavier touch in the low end, while the higher keys are lighter. The sound engine also reproduces key-off samples, triggering different sounds for staccato and legato styles of playing. The sympathetic string resonances add additional realism. Additional features include a Stereophonic Optimizer for headphones, an acoustic optimizer for acoustic resonances, and an Intelligent Acoustic Control function, which adjusts the sound automatically, allowing players to enjoy balanced sound at any volume.
The base of the piano includes a damper, sostenuto, and soft foot pedals with continuous control for extended expressiveness. A soft, medium, hard, or fixed touch response can be selected to correspond to the performer’s individual playing style. The CFX engine offers 192-note polyphony, which powers ten built-in voices, and two voices can be layered for creating new sounds. A built-in metronome helps keep tempo when practicing, with playback coming from two oval speakers and built-in dual 8-watt amplifiers, or two 1/4″ headphone jacks. The Yamaha ARIUS YDP-S34 includes a power supply and a song book.
- The powerful tone of Yamaha’s CFX
- The Yamaha 9’ CFX concert grand piano offers sparkling highs and a powerful resonant bass with a sound that projects to the furthest reaches of any concert hall.
- Key-off Samples
- This feature reproduces the slight change in sound at the instant you remove your fingers from the keys. What’s more, different key-off sounds are produced for staccato and legato playing.
- String Resonance
- When the hammer of a grand piano strikes its string, the other strings will also resonate. The YDP-S34 can reproduce this effect using its string resonance feature.
- Authentic acoustic piano playability and comfort
- Similar to an acoustic piano, the Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) 88-key piano keyboard provides a heavier touch in the low end and lighter touch in the high end. The updated speaker design can deliver a very powerful sound from low to high notes, which is closer to a real acoustic piano.
- The Stereophonic Optimizer
- When using headphones, the Stereophonic Optimizer lets players enjoy the dispersed sound heard when sitting in front of an acoustic piano. With the Stereophonic Optimizer, voices sampled from acoustic pianos appear to come from the body of the instrument. This provides a comfortable, natural experience that removes the drawbacks of performing with headphones.
- Acoustic Optimizer
- The speakers attached to the body exhibit a phenomenon in which, the volume of the sound will increase due to the resonant frequency of the body. Conversely, installing pipes with the same resonant frequency within the body suppresses this resonance. Acoustic optimizers utilize this phenomenon.
- Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC)
- At low volumes, bass and treble used to be difficult to hear; however, the YDP-S34 is equipped with Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC), which adjusts the sound automatically, allowing players to enjoy balanced sound at any volume level.