BEHRINGER SINGLE DIAPHRAGM CONDENSER MICROPHONE B-5
Gold-Sputtered Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone with 2 Interchangeable Capsules
- Professional gold-sputtered diaphragm condenser microphone for unsurpassed audio quality
- Ideal as main and support microphone for studio and live applications–perfect for acoustic instruments and overhead etc.
- 2 interchangeable capsules with cardioid and omnidirectional pickup patterns
- Pressure-gradient transducer with shock-mounted gold-sputtered diaphragm capsule
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off and input attenuation
- Ultra low-noise transformerless FET input eliminates low-frequency distortion
- Gold-plated 3-pin XLR output connector for highest signal integrity
- Rugged construction with satin nickel-plated brass body
- Stand adapter, windscreen and transport case included
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
The B-5 comes with interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional capsules, making it a fantastic all-purpose condenser microphone. It is designed to capture your sounds with incredible realism, sensitivity and accuracy, and is perfect for acoustic instruments, vocals and overhead miking.
What is a Condenser Mic?
Condenser microphones are the ideal choice for capturing vocals and acoustic instruments. They’re the primary type of microphone used in recording studios and radio stations. They are capable of capturing much more detail than dynamic microphones because of their wider, flatter frequency response. Another difference between condenser and dynamic mics is that they contain active circuitry that requires phantom power (+48 V DC) for operation. You can power them from any phantom power equipped BEHRINGER XENYX mixer, plus enjoy the benefits of our state-of-the-art XENYX mic preamps.
Why the B-5?
The B-5 is an affordable, high-quality way to put a gold-sputtered diaphragm condenser mic to work for you. It comes with two interchangeable capsules: omnidirectional for picking up sound on all sides of the mic, and cardiod for picking up the source signal while shunning off-axis sound. With its excellent transducer and gold-plated XLR output, the B-5 is very neutral sounding and truly delivers on the promise of noise-free transmission. It also features a switchable -10 dB attenuator to capture high-volume signal sources without distorting, as well as a low-cut filter to eliminate infrasonics caused by floor rumble and other turbulance.
But That’s Not All…
The B-5 is built to be your go-to condenser mic for many years to come. Its construction can withstand all the rigors of those late-night recording marathons. And with its aluminum foam-padded carrying case, it travels in safety and style. We also included a heavy-duty suspension mount and windscreen.
This condenser mic is an excellent choice for live and studio applications, and it’s available at a price that will leave you with enough cash left over to secure other recording essentials. Check out the incredible B-5 at a BEHRINGER dealer near you.