From the manufacturer
16-Input Digital Mixer for iPad/Android Tablets with 8 Programmable Midas Preamps, 8 Line Inputs, Integrated Wifi Module and USB Stereo Recorder
- iPad*/Android* tablet controlled 16-input digital mixer for studio and live application
- 8 award-winning Midas-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- Built-In Tri-Mode Wifi router for direct operation?no need for external routers
- 100-band Real Time Analyzer (RTA) for all channel and bus EQ’s
- Rack ears and protection bumpers included for flexible rack and onstage applications
- Revolutionary Dugan*-style Auto-Mixing automatically manages microphone gain sharing
X AIR XR16
The Behringer X32 completely changed the game by rethinking what is possible from a digital mixer – and over 100,000 users are enjoying the results. Now, that same incredible technology has been incorporated into a small, but incredibly powerful, rack-mountable mixer that will forever change both the way you record – and the way you play live music.
The revolutionary XR16 is a powerhouse 16 input portable/rack-mountable mixer for iPad and Android tablets, and is ideally suited for both live and studio applications, thanks to its 8 award-winning Midas-designed mic preamps, convenient integrated Wifi module for wireless control, plus USB connectivity for file storage, system updates and uncompressed stereo recordings via the USB Stereo Recorder. We’ve also included the rack ears and protective bumpers for added flexibility in your studio and stage applications.
Midas – The Legend in Sound Quality
Ever since its formation in the 1970s, Midas has had a long history of innovation and leadership in the world of audio mixing consoles. Employed by the most famous touring acts and installations worldwide, legendary Midas consoles such as the XL4 and Heritage H3000 quickly became industry standards.
Midas has earned their impeccable reputation due to their no-compromise approach for audio and build quality and in particular for their Award-winning Mic Preamps which are considered by industry experts as the industry’s best sounding designs. Building on this legacy, the XL8 and PRO Series of Live Mixing Systems continue this great heritage of Award-winning audio quality.
Behringer is proud to incorporate Midas designed mic preamps for the ultimate in high-quality audio reproduction in both live and studio environments. Find out more about Midas’ amazing legacy by visiting their extensive website.
Built-In Tri-Mode Wifi Router
Designed for the ultimate in mobility, the XR16 comes with an integrated Wifi module for direct control of your mixer’s functions – without the need to setup and configure an external router. The XR16 gives you the freedom to focus on your mix, while allowing you to move about the venue to experience what every part of the audience is hearing. Plus you can adjust live monitor wedges from the artist’s perspective – or better yet, let them mix their own IEMs and floor monitors via their own tablets.
- Access Point is the easiest way to connect up to 4 clients directly and concurrently (i.e., iPad, Android smartphone/tablet or laptop). This mode should have your remote control up and running in less than a minute.
- Wifi Client allows you to add your mixer to the existing wireless network where the controlling apps and devices are connected.
- Alternately, wired connections can be made directly to your PC, to a local area network (LAN), or when connecting to a dedicated Wifi route.
When your application calls for a multiple-microphone setup, such as an onstage panel discussion, press conference or courtroom proceeding, etc., it can become a challenge to maintain so many open mics – and preserve maximum gain and priority for the moderator.
A major first for compact audio mixers, our revolutionary X AIR Gain Sharing technology can easily manage fully automated mixes with up to 8 live microphones. Based on the legendary Dan Dugan automix system, the XR16’s gain sharing paradigm automatically controls the levels of all selected microphones in real time, without any gating artifacts or noise modulation.
This function dramatically reduces the typical feedback, studio noise and comb filtering challenges that can occur when two, or more mics are in close proximity of each another. X AIR Gain Sharing technology provides a consistent system gain structure, even when multiple speakers are talking at the same time.
Stunning Performance – Superb Value
Three companies shared a common vision – to engineer and build the very best sounding, technically advanced audio products for discerning professionals. The feature-packed XR16 is the result of the engineering, manufacturing and application expertise of legendary console manufacturer Midas, the iconic signal processing genius of Klark Teknik – and Behringer’s unique ability to deliver a superior value proposition.